Friday, March 28, 2008

Udbhav 08

Ah! writing a post after a long time! Can't help.. this semester has kept me really busy... I make this post to tell you about udbhav, my college fest. It started this tuesday and wud go on till saturday. The best part (i would call) of udbhav is the amazing dress codes we have during that week.
Tuseday was dots and checks day... quite boring. But still, it was nice to see people in colorful dots. Only guys were in checks. Wednesday was tri-color day. We had to come in one of the colors in our National flag. oops! i missed that day cos i had to prepare for my seminar scheduled on monday.

Wednesday was chor police day.. wow! people had to dress up like chor(robber) or police. I had the shock of my life when i saw my friends dressed like chor. They looked so much like hi-fi robbers, i really got scared for a minute. I really appreciate their guts! There was ILM prelims too. I hadn't practiced nor did i have a faint idea i would participate. I dunno what happened to me, i badly wanted to sing when i saw the stage and the mic. It was so tempting. I dunno from where i got the guts, i went and registered and i SANG! Finally, at the end of my college life I got some guts. Probably thats the only thing I learnt in engg ;) But the best part was not that i sang. Dee got motivated seeing my impulsiveness and she too took part(in carnatic... an amazing singer man!) and she WON ! she got first prize! I m so happy for her! :)
Today, the 4th day of udbhav 'Ethnic Day'. Wow!! I wore a saree... aaa... the costume i like the most. But believe me, its really difficult to stay in saree all day! But I dont mind. I love it. Also it was rose day. I too got some. But, the most shocking of all was, when I got a rose from an unknown guy... He said he has heard me in mukthi and liked my talk! gosh! I can't believe ppl remember I spoke in mukthi! Mukthi has made me famous :)
Tomorrow is T-shirt day. We'll havta go in the college T-shirt. Dunno if i ll go. I gotta prepare for this stupid seminar. I pity myself :(

ps: this is my last udbhav. I m gonna miss it !

2 comments:

Meghana said...

hey !
I stumbled upon ur blog while looking for Udbhav related blogs

Lol,there were two girls in Mukthi this time ,I am real sorry i cannot re-collect the names

But are you the Grease-monkey gal or the compilers one ? I know i sound hilarious yet :)

Sandeep said...

Hey sounds like a lotta fun.. :)

nice lil write up btw