Wednesday, July 25, 2007

2nd innings

The 2nd innings for the hunt for my new music has begun. Well, a neighbour of mine found a teacher in the next lane(where her son learns music). I was almost prepared to join there. But, the confusion began just the night previous to the day I had planned to join. The kid gave a complete description about his teacher s teaching style, which i thought it wouldn t suit me. So, I ran back to Deepika. See gave me her music teacher s address. I couldn t wait even for a minute after that. I immediately went to her place, all excited.

She asked me how much I had learnt and told me to sing. I sang a line... and to my shock she said, "What are you singing !!! It s completely wrong. Not even one swara is right... If your singing like this how can I teach you ?!". I m not sure if I was that teriffic. But, I feel a true teacher is one who tells you outright where you stand. The line she said just pricked me from inside. I really sat down and practiced for an hour. She has asked me to practice and sing tomorrow. It s going to be the D-Day. If I m singing well, I m in. Else...

Oh! pls... I want to learn from you ma'am. Do accept me as your student....

1 comment:

Poornima said...

"Never give up" should be your motto. Goodluck girl!