Thursday, June 14, 2007

My first love !

Yeah! It s about my first love, i.e., music..... I m kinda crazy about music. Be it Bryan Adam or GNR to BSB to Balamurali Krishna, i listen to all forms of music. I had always wanted to be a singer. I m not sure when this interest came into me. But, i got a bit too indulged into music when i heard the Pancharatna Kritis of Balamurali Krishna. After about a week one of my aunts found me humming that song. She asked me to sing a song i liked, aloud. That was the first time people at home heard me sing. She said i have a great instinct of a singer and adviced me to learn it foramlly. Until then, i used to sing just for the fun of it. Then i decided 'well, why not give carnatic music a try! Why not learn music formally'. And..... that s what i did... !!! [:)]. I found a teacher, my mum s friend and i started classes !!! [ Hip-hip-hurray]... It was one of the most happiest moments of my life. I just still remember that day. Then, i started attending classes twice a week......

Initially i found it a bit difficult to reach all the scale and the swara stayi. But, not to be the least, it came by practice. I used to practice about 30min to an hour a day. My teacher was damn impressed to hear me sing... She was one of the best teachers i ve known. She was patience personified. She wouldn t let me go home until i sang that days lessons perfectly.

It was 2 months i started, when the disaster came. My teacher s husband got a trasfer [:(]... Sad... I had to stop......stop......[I don t believe this.......]. A dream of some 15 years, just implemented and broken [:(].

Nevertheless, i m not going to be depressed. I ll find another teacher and continue again... [ Thumbs-up].....[That s the way to go !]. It was actually my friends who were a great support to me during those time [ Thank u ppl ]. There was paused by music career.... I still remember my teacher telling me 'Dear, don t stop for any reason. If not me, continue with another teacher'....




SA ni da NI da pa Da pa ma PA; PA;

ga ma pa da ni da pa ma ga ma pa ga ma ga ri sa



The last line i learn t in my beloved music class...........

No comments: