Monday, June 18, 2007

A rather confused experience !

Maine payal hai chankaye......

Ah ! My first hindi song ! Well, it was a memorable experience though.
I don't know a single word in Hindi, but wanted to participate in an altogether Hindi music competition ! I have a friend who is an amazing singer. Her name is Deepika. But, she never used to participate in any competitions. It actually started off by forcing her to participate. But, she never agreed. Finally i got so bugged up that I offered to participate. The competition was scheduled on thursday and i decided i m going particpate on monday! My friend chose a song for me.. She almost instantaneously said 'Glady, u sing something of Falguni Pathak. It will suit your voice' and suggested this song. I had absolutely no idea of what she was saying... I had to learn a completely new song in a compeletely different language! I hadn t heard the song even once nor did i have that song at home! Another friend of mine, Vinutha, offered to get the song fot me...It was tuesday... I got the song and all my friends, Poornima, Krithi, Bhavana, Lakshmi, Ashwini, Divya and many more helped me learn the lyrics. The first time i sang, it was so horrible that i had to close my own ears !!!

Then started the actual parctice session. It was wednesday by the time i got the lyrics. Since i dunno the language, i had accent problem and more important is i did nt know the meaning! It was sounding English ;) !! All the day i used to sit singing n singing. ( even when classes were going on) ! There was a line Oh Sajnaaaa..aa. aa. aaa....which i struggled to get.

I had always been thinking it s going to be a flop..but, who cares! i wanted to sing and that s what i did.

Then came the most awaited day! I was some 15th singer in row. I calmly waited for my turn. So, did my friends (I had frightened them if they do nt clap...that s it. No other go, they had to wait with me)! Then cam my turn. I went up the stage...held the mike...n introduced my self with full confidence. Then i started off...maine payal hai....ah! now comes the turning point. I could see a group of guys stand up and take my pics !!! Gosh ! I was taken aback ! Till then people were so silent, this reaction perplexed me! I was confused at the sudden reaction. I never guessed people would react like that... Then another came completely to front of the stage and even videoed my song! There were many things running at the back of my mind...But, still, i don t care about comments which will pull me down. I never cared. I continued singing....

chale jab yeh puruvayi.....

Oh! i m still confused at the reaction! Still not able to uncover the meaning....

4 comments:

Poornima said...

*wants to laugh her guts out*
:P

Glady said...

laugh! what makes you laugh ?!

Poornima said...

You know, why!
Well, 10 on 10 for your confidence! (should have written this first) :)

Karthik Rao said...

well..i was also lisnin to ur song..u always thot i went out by the time u started singing...
well..pretty gud shot for the first shot..i shud say.. "never give up "