Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Nick names

It s fun naming people or rather your close friends. It happened to me too. These are few wierdo nick names that I have. Due my stature people often call me kaddi, skeleton and all. I ve had names like Kareen Kapoor, Kalpana Chawla, Ms. Einstein..... But, there are a few names which marked a difference. It showed the creatuve power my friends had....

1) The first nick name i got, Screw Driver. Ha ha...sounds funny! I was named so when I was in LKG. I used to travel in a school van to my school. I had a very close friend called Joel, who was also of the same age. We used sit together in the same seat. The seat in front would have a handle for the passenger behind to told. And there were two in front of the seat we used to sit in. Once it happened that, we were playing with the handle in front and all of a sudden the driver braked. We tightly held on to the handle and phat..! the handle came off. Joel, who was so frightened that the handle came off shouted to the van driver 'Uncle.... ee handledhu nut blot muddhoythu...' (Uncle! the nut blot of this handle is broken!) and I with all the excitement shouted back at Joel, 'Aey, idhu nut bolt alla...Idhu Screw driver...' (hey, this is not nut bolt. Its screw driver)...Haha ha !!! lol !! From that day on I was called screw driver and Joel was called nut bolt....hahaha!!!

2) The next name i very much remember is Michelle. Michelle was a character in the serial Full House. A friend of mine, Roopambika named me so because she says I had a smile just like that kid..

3) This one is my recent nick name. I was christened Archana Wowtesha, to rhyme with my original name, Archana Venkatesha, by a friend, Hariram, my senior too.. It was so spontaneous and so unexpected. He named me so because I use the word wow a little too often. He said, 'Hey, probably I should be calling you Archana Wowtesha from now on'.... LOL!!! Couldn t stop laughing....

3 comments:

starry eyed said...

i liked the wowtesha one!

Karthik Rao said...

hey..wowtesha is amazing..harry does think at times.. :) m glad glady..u must be honoured..

Pramod said...

hehehe